What is sugaring?
Sugaring is an all natural alternative to waxing, here's what sets it apart:
It doesn't have "main" ingredients, it has THREE: Water, Sugar, and Lemon juice (100%)
It's used with a different technique, which (for most people) is less painful and has longer lasting results than waxing.
What is a Brazilian?
A Brazilian sugaring involves removing all the hair in your nether regions (the bikini area and then some) while gently exfoliating the skin leaving the skin fresh and free of hair.
Is it painful?
Yes, it is painful. There is no such thing as "pain-free hair removal"
It is, however, less painful than many other forms of hair removal (again this is for MOST people, everyone has their own level of pain tolerance)
What can i expect during my First Appointment?
if this is your First time ever having a hair removal service or an area you've never had hair removal before, there are a few things that may or may not happen during, right after or within a few days of having the service done:
- The first time will be the most painful time and take the longest.
- you may or may not have some bleeding, if you do this is from your hair follicles reacting to having hair removed forcibly from the roots. if you do experience this, it is completely normal and temporary
- Your skin may turn red. this is also temporary. one of the many benefits to sugaring is that the redness is usually less than waxing and will go away much faster (this is not a guarantee for everyone, every BODY is different and nobody has the same reaction)
- you may experience some bruising , this is fairly uncommon but it can happen. It can be caused by many different things, low iron in your body, having anemia, having thin skin in certain areas, some people bruise easier than others, and many other things.
- a day or 2 after you get sugared you may experience what appears to be tiny white heads (pimples) These are not pimples, your skin is not breaking out. they are called water blisters, t's caused by fluid rushing to your skin because it feels like it's experiencing trauma. You can apply a little pressure from both sides to drain the blister. it will go away fairly quickly, It should't bleed, and it will not scar.
I'm nervous! Can I bring a friend with me for moral support?
The policy at this time is only one person allowed in the treatment room at a time. This allows for the best possible experience for you.
I'm on my period! Do i need to reschedule?
This is something that is completely up to you! You do not need to reschedule because of mother nature, but there are some things to take into consideration:
- You may or may not be more sensitive while on your period, this means it can be more painful for you.
- If you are uncomfortable with the idea of getting a Brazilian while on your period, then by all means reschedule!
- If you do choose to keep your appointment, the best course of action is to wear a fresh tampon shortly before your appointment time and "tuck" the string.
how long does it take to get a Brazilian?
For new clients the average appointment time is about 25-30 minutes.
For returning clients (clients who are coming every 4-6 weeks to maintain their Brazilian) the average appointment time is about 15-20 minutes.
How long does it take before I have to come in for my next appointment?
The average client can go between 4-6 weeks between appointments, some clients can go longer where as others have to come in sooner. It varies client to client, and is also a personal preference.
Going outside the 6 week period of hair growth puts you back at square 1. When you start getting hair removal services done, the end goal is to have less hair, and hopefully, no hair. This take a long time to accomplish. Your hair has a growth cycle of 28 days. Ideally it's best to come in every 4 weeks. by doing so you're removing the hair during a stage that is the most effective in destroying the hair follicles. Weeks 5 & 6 are still within the growth cycle and you will still see results in the long run.
How long do I need to grow my hair out to be able to get a service done?
14 days growth is the LEAST amount that you should have when you come to your first appointment. Anything less than 14 days can end in less than ideal results.
There is no "maximum" amount of growth, but the ideal length would be between 14 days and 21 days worth of growth. The reason for this is the longer it is the more uncomfortable it can be to get sugared.
Can I bring my child with me?
For safety reasons, no children are allowed in the treatment room.
No minors can be left unaccompanied in the waiting room.
All new clients are required to fill out the new client form which can be found on the make an appointment page
It's also to provide information needed so that you don't have to fill any paperwork out when you arrive for your first appointment.
There are no exceptions!
Please fill out the CLIENT FORM before your first appointment!
You MUST give 24 hour notice for canceling. There is a 50% fee of your appointment cost for giving less than 24 hours notice.
There are always emergencies that happen in life, the fee is of course subject to a case by case basis.
No Show Policy:
If you do not make it to your appointment without any kind of communication, you will be required to pay 100% of your appointment cost before you are allowed to make another appointment.
Treatment times are reserved just for you. We require 24 hour notice for cancellations or changes to scheduled appointments to avoid being charged the full treatment price. No shows really affect appointment only businesses.
Being Tardy Policy:
Please understand that because of the short amount of time allotted for each appointment, if you are more than 5 minutes late you will need to reschedule your appointment. This is out of respect for all clients, time is valuable!
You will NOT be charged for being late ~OR~ rescheduling!
If you under the age of 18, you must have written consent from a parent/legal guardian.
No Services will be provided for anyone under the age of 16
No minors of any age are allowed in the treatment room for safety reasons, this includes ALL minors from newborn to 18 years old.
No minors are allowed unaccompanied in the waiting area.
treatment room policy:
Only you and your provider are allowed to be in the treatment room at a time.